Create ad hoc wireless network in Windows 8/8.1
Steps to create ad hoc wireless network
1. Open Command Prompt with Administrative privilege. hint: press Windows Key+x
2. Check whether your WiFi support ad-hoc or hosted network or not
netsh wlan show drivers
3. If the hosted network supported: Yes you can create otherwise no.
4. Now enter this below command
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=DIYLabs key=password
5. Change ssid and key for your network name and password anything.
6. The last step is to start the hosted network
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
7. In case you want to stop your hoted network just replace start with stop
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
8. You can also check the status of your hosted networks
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Simple isn't it. happy reading