Install and Run Ubuntu Linux from USB Drive
Installing from USB is faster than installing from CD/DVD because of higher read/write speed. You can use your OS with your files and same settings anywhere and you can even use USB Installed Linux to recover files in case of corrupt system as it bypasses installed OS for you. So here are the steps to how to Install and Run Ubuntu Linux from USB Drive of course you are free to choose any other Linux.
1. Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) Click to download ISO file or any other Linux.
2. Linux Live USB Creator (optional in case of USB install)
- Backup your USB drive first. Minimum size of USB Drive should be between 2-4 GB.
- Install LiLi into your system and open the software.
- Choose your key: select your USB drive here.
- Choose a source: select ISO file that you have downloaded from above or you can also download any Linux directly from here also.
- Persistence: choose live mode only when you want to either install from this key or want to try for once. remember all file and setting are deleted after you shutdown.
otherwise choose persistence if you want to install try or use Linux from the USB itself and want to save whatever you do on the system just like you do on a normal system. You can use slider to select the amount of persistence storage according to your need. If you are confused choose Persistence mode.
- Option: deselect 3rd option (Enable launching…) rest above two you can use according to your need.
- Create: click the lightning button it will take sometime and your Linux Key will be ready.
- Restart and boot from USB to use your Ubuntu or use it with a Virtual Machine.