Installing Linux in VirtualBox
Step by step procedure to install any Linux in VirtualBox. Here we are using Ubuntu. Don’t go and waste your time in research like all time it is one of the best linux distributions. So let’s start
2. Linux(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) because its a Long Term Support Version
1. Install VirtualBox in the same way you install any software in Windows (Clicking next and accepting every agreement).
2. Click on new button to create a new Virtual machine and enter details
- Name: MyUbuntu
- Type: Linux
- Version: Ubuntu(64bit) or (32 bit)
3. Click next and select the amount of RAM for your OS (min: 512, max: Half of your system memory)
4. Now Select hard Drive file type as VirtualBox Disk Image(VDI) à Dynamically Allocated
- Name: MyUbuntuHDD
- Size: min 8 GB
5. Click Create and you virtual machine will be created.
6. Right click on your virtual machine –> Setting –>Storage—>Attribute (click small cd icon)—>choose virtual CD/DVD file—>select ubuntu iso file
7. Start The virtual machine
8. You may get a bunch of random warnings/instructions about how to operate the guest operating system within VirtualBox. Read those, and tick not to see those again options.
9. Now follow the regular Ubuntu installatioUbuntun procedure.