Linux Installation(Ubuntu) | Install Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
This is a step by step guide for Linux Installation Ubuntu in your system via CD or USB Drive. You can also install Ubuntu inside windows.
1. Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) Click to download iso file.
2. Linux Live USB Creator (optional in case of USB install)
- Burn the iso file to the DVD or USB. Restart the System. Your computer’s BIOS must be set to boot from CD or USB first; otherwise, your OS will just load up again. To get into the BIOS settings, you usually have to press one of these keys during boot-up: Escape, F1, F2, F12, or Delete. Usually your computer will tell you which key to use.
- The Screen will start booting Linux if asked select Install Ubuntu Linux Option.
- Ensure that all 3 option are ticked most preferred otherwise first is mandatory other can be left and click continue.
- Select installation type. you can go for manual partitioning (for dual boot and other reasons), here we go with first option which will erase disk and do full installation.
- Select your country your time zone by clicking on map or select from drop down below.
- Press continue button and set keyboard Layout. If you don’t know select English (US).
- Click on continue, next is the crucial part enter all the information of your computer. Enter your username and choose a password for it, do not forget this password as this will be your root(super user) password which is needed most of the time you do some admin task.
- Go grab a cup of coffee your Ubuntu is installing now and it’ll take little time.
- After installation complete it’ll restart the system and ask the username and password. Enter the information that you gave in step 7.
- Your new Ubuntu Linux System is ready to use and this is the first screen you’ll get. Start exploring [hint: start from Ubuntu symbol in top left corner].
- To shutdown the system, click on the gear in top right corner.