Portable Apps: Take Your Software With You
What is Portable Apps ?
Portable apps are softwares that you can carry around with you on a portable device such as USB flash drives, digital audio players, Smartphones, external hard drives or cloud drive and use on any Windows computer.
Benefits of using Portable Apps
- Portability – Use your software with your settings and bookmarks on multiple PCs wherever you go.
- Keeps your system fresh and quick, no auto start application to slow your computer start up time.
- Keeps your system clean, no registry and unnecessary file build up over time which hogs up system resources.
- Reinstalling/Clean Install OS will not remove your software and settings.
- Easily update your software once and share it on other computers. etc.
How To Use Portable Apps
- Download Portable Apps from here.
- Once downloaded, run the file by double-clicking it from your Desktop or Downloads directory or single-clicking it in your browser’s download manager.
- Select run at security prompt, Follow the on-screen prompts for the platform installer, selecting the location you would like to install to.
- Choose New Install in Install Type.
- Install Location should be chosen as Custom Location.
- Select your choice of location to install application there. Our Chosen Folder is “C:\DIYLabs\Apps”.
- Start App and from menu select Apps –> Get More Apps –> By Category.
- Select all the softwares that you want to install and use as portable software eg (Chrome Browser, Free Download Manager, Office etc).
- Click Next and it will download and install all the apps in the chosen folder.
- You can use all the apps by opening start.exe. It will open a Win XP like start menu listing all your apps.
- The Chosen Folder can now be simply copy-paste to portable drives or cloud drive (Dropbox etc) to take with you.
- The great thing about this portable apps is if there is a software update it will notify you and you can update all your software at once.